Saturday, February 1, 2014

Setup a domain and started a project

So for a simple development website and update tracker for my use as well as showing others how far I've come I decided to make a Blogger blog to host updates on. (hopefully weekly updates)

I've even decided to use a small amount of that tax money I'll be getting for a domain name "www.RetailSimGame.com" because nuts to trying to grab "www.RetailSim.com" from some visual design website.

As the first update for the first week here is a link to my album hosted on Imgur. A small highlight of something I really enjoy is the programmer art for the computer that you'll be able to do fun little online training courses on. I designed it as an arcade machine for giggles and the text on the screen is..
c:\hacksearch
... found!
c:\system32 is now deleted.


For the different store computers I'm planning on adding a few features. Which I figured would be more than just two items.
  • Online Training; where you'll learn how to count to potato and some other optional stuff.
    • Little 3~10 multiple choice questions like "1+1=? A)2" and "What is the most common computer issue? C)How to turn it on." 
    • When I add skills (just small things to increase the speed of checking out / customer satisfaction / customers more likely to buy stuff you suggest / etc)
  • View stats; such as customer traffic, average sale value, sales, customer satisfaction, etc.
    • Better Customer Satisfaction will mean more customers will show up and they are a little more likely to buy more stuff.
    • Lower Customer Satisfaction will mean the opposite, if a lot of people complain about you cursing at them the whole time they'll likely not come back.
    • The other numbers like "Traffic, Transactions, Average Sale Price, Etc" just gives you numbers to beat, and the more you influence them the more likely you'll get a raise / etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment